Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

JGold & SoS's Fantasy Central (Advice & Analysis)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:35 am    Post subject: JGold & SoS's Fantasy Central (Advice & Analysis) Reply with quote

Introduction

Welcome one and all. This forum really isn't that busy and JGold and I decided to give it a little flare this year. Some of you may know that I had an advice thread of my own last year that was very successful but I wanted to come back bigger and better this year. With my good pal JGold who will be the main attraction with his terrific graphics and in-depth advice, we hope to tag-team it this year to make this a fantasy-palooza.

In this thread you will, of course, be able to ask questions to seek our answers. That will be the main purpose. I will answer any and all questions promptly. But here is where the twist comes in on the 2011 version of this thread. This year you will see my rankings, my sleepers, you'll get a 32 team fantasy review, a buy-or-sell section, and player updates throughout the year.

You want the latest fantasy update? Look no further.

Basic Drafting Advice

Start off by taking everyone through a few basic principles I like to use. Let's start out in general. Vick, Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Rivers, Manning, Romo, Roethlisberger. These are the names you must have on your team if you are looking to make a run. People love their RBs, but QB is the most important position on both a real team and a fantasy one. These are the only guys that I'm willing to trust week in and week out, regardless of matchup. Sure, guys like Schaub and Freeman are underrated guys I like at the next tier, but I have my worries with them.

I'm taking a QB as early as the early 2nd round to as late as the 4th round. Depending on your draft, this is when the 1st tier QB run is going to begin. Expect Vick and Rodgers to be gone by round 1. Roethlisberger may fall depending on your draft, so you may be able to wait another round or two for him. We'll get into why I like him more later.

Early strategy: The first 3 picks need to be RBs. If you're inside that range, take one of the top backs. After that, Vick needs to start entering the picture. He can pretty much take over whatever team he is on and carry them single-handedly. If you're at the end of the snake draft, I have accepted a strategy after quite a few mock rounds. I'm taking a RB/WR combo every time. Depending on your league, you will land either the #1 or #2 WR with one pick and you're going to land one of the last remaining #1 RBs. I think that's a great start. With how deep WR is this year, I don't think you need to jump on the double WR law this year. A guy like Mike "TB" Williams or Stevie Johnson would be great #2 WRs and you are setting yourself up nicely at 2 positions.

Late strategy: Don't take kickers early. Don't take defenses early. I don't care if a huge kicker run starts. Difference between the #1 kicker and the #10 kicker last year (10 is the average amount of teams in a league) was roughly 2 points per game. That's nothing in the grand scheme of things when you could use that pick to get a lovely bench player like Tashard Choice. Hint, hint. I know everyone will gauck over the new great defense in Philly and will be rushing to get the Steelers vaunted defense. Here's the thing, I just finished a draft in which I had the computer auto-pick my defense because I couldn't finish. I ended up with the Patriots. I look at them and I'm not overjoyed, so I decide to look at the waiver. The Saints are sitting there and I say to myself "you know what, the Saints are looking pretty nice this year, I'll pick them up instead".
So, I technically didn't even draft the defense that I'll be using week 1. It's just not worth it. Oh, and don't get a backup TE. If you don't like the TE you chose as your starter, you waited too long.

I'll get more up later.

Team Bye Weeks

AFC East
Patriots - 7
Jets - 8
Dolphins - 5
Bills - 7

AFC North
Ravens - 5
Steelers - 11
Bengals - 7
Browns - 5

AFC South
Colts - 11
Texans - 11
Titans - 6
Jaguars - 9

AFC West
Chargers - 6
Raiders - 8
Chiefs - 6
Broncos - 6

NFC East
Eagles - 7
Giants - 7
Cowboys - 5
Redskins - 5

NFC North
Packers - 8
Lions - 9
Bears - 8
Vikings - 9

NFC South
Falcons - 8
Buccaneers - 8
Saints - 11
Panthers - 9

NFC West
Niners - 7
Seahawks - 6
Rams - 5
Cardinals - 6

Last edited by SaveourSonics on Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:45 am; edited 2 times in total
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2011 Positional Rankings
*I'll be starting with my top 15 at each spot and moving on from there

Philadelphia Eagles QB Michael Vick
Player Report
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Brees
4. Tom Brady
5. Philip Rivers
6. Peyton Manning
7. Tony Romo
8. Ben Roethlisberger
9. Matt Schaub
10. Matt Ryan
11. Josh Freeman
12. Eli Manning
13. Joe Flacco
14. Sam Bradford
15. Matt Stafford

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Arian Foster
3. Chris Johnson

Baltimore Ravens RB Ray Rice
Player Report
5. Jamaal Charles
6. Maurice Jones-Drew
7. Michael Turner
8. LeSean McCoy
9. Darren McFadden
10. Frank Gore
11. Rashard Mendenhall
12. Steven Jackson
13. Peyton Hillis

Tampa Bay RB LaGarrette Blount
Player Report

1. Andre Johnson
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Roddy White
4. Greg Jennings
5. Hakeem Nicks
6. Larry Fitzgerald
7. Mike Wallace
8. Reggie Wayne
9. Vincent Jackson
10. Dwayne Bowe
11. Miles Austin
12. Dez Bryant
13. Mike Williams
14. DeSean Jackson
15. Jeremy Maclin

1. Antonio Gates
2. Dallas Clark
3. JerMichael Finley
4. Jason Witten
5. Owen Daniels
6. Vernon Davis
7. Marcedes Lewis
8. Jimmy Graham
9. Zach Miller
10. Kellen Winslow
11. Chris Cooley
12. Rob Gronkowski
13. Ben Watson
14. Brent Celek
15. Tony Gonzalez

Last edited by SaveourSonics on Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:25 am; edited 5 times in total
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Free Agent Analysis*

RB Ronnie Brown signs w/ Eagles

TE Zach Miller signs w/ Seahawks

FB LeRon McClain signs w/ Chiefs

WR Braylon Edwards signs w/ 49ers

WR Sidney Rice signs w/ Seahawks

Last edited by SaveourSonics on Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:16 am; edited 3 times in total
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by SaveourSonics on Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok let's start this. It's kickoff time at the Fantasy Central.
DaMenace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice thread going on here. Keep up the good work. Defiantly interested on your take on Big Ben.

Also i'm guessing your rankings are based off standard league scoring.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea they are, but people shouldn't be shy to ask questions about PPR or anything like that. There are stock up/stock down players considering the format.
DaMenace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not gonna like that artwork is tight. Good job JD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright i'll start it off and give you an interesting question.

How do you see the work load going down in GB? You think Starks can be that guy?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have pick number 4 in a 12 team PPR League. Assuming Vick is there, would you go Vick at 4 or Ray Rice/Charles? I've been doing some moc drafts and whenever I draft Vick I feel my RBs are very weak. *We start 1 Qb 2 RbB, 2 WRs, 2 WR/RBs, and 1 TE.

If Vick is gone, I like both Rice and Charles over Chris Johnson at that spot because its PPR. Is that wrong in your opinion?
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMenace wrote:
Alright i'll start it off and give you an interesting question.

How do you see the work load going down in GB? You think Starks can be that guy?

Its a situation I'm nervous about. I have Grant ranked high 20s/low 30s in general and I think he'll command most of the touches. He's in a contract year, this was his job prior to injury, and Green Bay is generally loyal. Starks still has value, but I have him low 40s and wouldn't expect much.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrotherlyLove wrote:

If Vick is gone, I like both Rice and Charles over Chris Johnson at that spot because its PPR. Is that wrong in your opinion?

Yea, you pretty much have to take CJ if he's there at 4. He provides the most upside of any of those guys and, even in a down year, he was a top 5 back in 2010. Very little risk there and he'll be a top target for Hasselbeck who should provide a small spark for that offense.

I do love Rice and Charles this year however.
JaxMattJones

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you think of my team? Decent?

QB: Mike Vick
RB: Darren McFadden
RB: Cedric Benson
RB: Marshawn Lynch
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
WR: Dez Bryant
TE: Marcedes Lewis
D/ST: Eagles
K: Adam Vinatieri

Bench: Bryalon Edwards
Bench: Roy Helu
Bench: Chris Cooley
Bench: David Garrad
Bench: Mike Sims-Walker
Bench: Cowboys
Bench: Jerricho Cotchery

JarrettLeger.com
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What do you think of my team? Decent

Strong in some areas. I'm not a big fan of your RB core, though you do have a nice sleeper in Helu. I don't see the need for 2 defenses. Are you gonna have two kickers too? I'd drop the Cowboys and pick up another RB to compete for you. I'm pretty low on Benson. I'd try to trade him prior to the season for a RB with similar preseason value.

Also don't see the need for having two top 10 TEs. You'll be just fine with either/or. I'd trade one of them in a package with Benson for a higher ranked RB. Your WRs are strong and I see MSW being a major factor in the Rams offense. Cotchery could be a nice play depending on what the Jets do.
JaxMattJones

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Quote:
What do you think of my team? Decent

Strong in some areas. I'm not a big fan of your RB core, though you do have a nice sleeper in Helu. I don't see the need for 2 defenses. Are you gonna have two kickers too? I'd drop the Cowboys and pick up another RB to compete for you. I'm pretty low on Benson. I'd try to trade him prior to the season for a RB with similar preseason value.

Also don't see the need for having two top 10 TEs. You'll be just fine with either/or. I'd trade one of them in a package with Benson for a higher ranked RB. Your WRs are strong and I see MSW being a major factor in the Rams offense. Cotchery could be a nice play depending on what the Jets do.

I dropped the cowboys, the best RB in FA right now are Brandon Jackson, Tim Hightower, Cadillac Williams, Rashad Jennings. I'm gonna try and see if I can work a deal and get rid of Benson and Cooley for a better starting RB..Thanks for the tips also should I put Braylon Edwards or Marshawn Lynch at RB/WR slot?

JarrettLeger.com

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 1 of 52

Jump to: