Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can Matt Giordano hit the bench already?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaribouLou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Can Matt Giordano hit the bench already? Reply with quote

Serious Question. I've already expressed how I'm not a fan of his. Give me your opinions on him.

Aside from his INT on Monday night, I have yet to see him make a play that would make him a starter in this league. As a deep safety, it seems as if he's always late to the ball, or can't diagnose plays fast enough. And don't let me forget about his tackling. In the past 2 games I have yet to see him wrap one guy up and bring him down. If he's going to be our last line of defense he needs to be a solid tackler. Every hit he goes for he either misses or goes for the big hit and whiffs. Am I just being too hard on this guy? Because he seriously looks BAD out there.

I thought Huff's position last year is one of the hardest to play in the NFL? And now we go and give that position to a guy we got on the waiver wire who we didn't even have in the off-season?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Can Matt Giordano hit the bench already? Reply with quote

CaribouLou wrote:
Serious Question. I've already expressed how I'm not a fan of his. Give me your opinions on him.

Aside from his INT on Monday night, I have yet to see him make a play that would make him a starter in this league. As a deep safety, it seems as if he's always late to the ball, or can't diagnose plays fast enough. And don't let me forget about his tackling. In the past 2 games I have yet to see him wrap one guy up and bring him down. If he's going to be our last line of defense he needs to be a solid tackler. Every hit he goes for he either misses or goes for the big hit and whiffs. Am I just being too hard on this guy? Because he seriously looks BAD out there.

I thought Huff's position last year is one of the hardest to play in the NFL? And now we go and give that position to a guy we got on the waiver wire who we didn't even have in the off-season?

relax, we all know he sucks. I called him the new Stuart Schweigert, huff will be back next game vs Houston.
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit the bench so he can be replaced by who?
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Hit the bench so he can be replaced by who?

Ware? They thought about moving him to FS right? Just a name.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
mo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do we use so many freaking safeties? Even when huff was healthy Giordano and Boyd were on the field atthe same time.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt is in there due to injuries I think MM will take alot of time from Matt

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
raiderfan19

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

giordano, boyd, porter have no business being in the nfl yet with us they play 75% of our defensive snaps. please god no more injuries!!

S\O Palooka on the sig
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Why do we use so many freaking safeties? Even when huff was healthy Giordano and Boyd were on the field atthe same time.

Because we have no depth there. When Huff was healthy, he was sliding to NB with Giordano coming in at FS. And Boyd was filling in for Mitchell and had to play somewhat of a different role this week because Huff was out.
bigjohn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt broke his hand they put a cast on it he came into the game. Who's supposed too replace him seeing no DVD, CJ, Eugene, and Michael Huff. There's a reason we brought this practice squad player up because we was thin at depth. Matt doing feel in work this week.

Bush injured himself as well.

Heyer, Reece and Murphy didn't practice.
CaribouLou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To people saying he'll be replaced by Huff - Huff's been playing at nickel corner for us. In fact I'm not sure if he's played safety at all. My only hope is this is Mitchell's job and he's a stop gap for the time being.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was hard for us to take him out of the game because we were missing some guys back there. Huff has been banged up, Mitchell has been out. Im sure we will see less of him as the season goes on. I know Huff slides to CB in the nickle package, but remember they were running with Mitchell and Branch at S at times, and that sounds better then Giordono being back there. Branch has actually been pretty decent in coverage this season imo.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His wife was my High School basketball coach's sister. That's all I will say about him other than he came to a few of our games. Cool guy, but should only play Special Teams.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's playing a near impossible position to play in Al's scheme. Even though hs tackling wasn't any good in Buffalo, the guys in a tough spot, especially from mainly being a special teamer.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
DarthDavis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the real Michael Huff please stand up, please stand up?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reece and shaunessy sit out practice today

murphy and huff back on the field

per twitter sfgate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: